License-Exempt Programs Administered by Public/Private Schools or Municipalities
License-Exempt Programs that are new to the Care 4 Kids program will be eligible for payment the day after all training requirements are completed.
Online Health and Safety (One Time Training)
- Individuals who hold valid First Aid, CPR, and Medication Administration Certificates approved by OEC Division of Licensing – Care 4 Kids’ Federal Online Health and Safety Orientation – Partial required topics
- Individuals who do not hold valid First Aid, CPR, and Medication Administration Certificates – Care 4 Kids’ Federal Online Health and Safety Orientation – All required topics
- Holding a medical license as specified in OEC licensing regulations exempts a provider from having to take First Aid and Medication Administration
To enroll in the Online Training, click on OEC Professional Registry below, then log into your Professional Registry account.
First Aid, CPR & Medication Administration Training (Maintain Certification)
To find a vendor that offers training for First Aid, CPR or Medication Administration Certification, click on the link below to visit 211 Child Care.
Annual Requirements: 1% of annual hours worked of professional development/training including at least one training on a health and safety topic area as defined in the Federal Child Care Development Block Grant law. Click on link to see all required topic areas, Health and Safety Requirements | Child Care Technical Assistance Network (hhs.gov)
Annual Health and Safety Inspections:
- All license-exempt Board of Education and Municipality administered programs (school-year and summer) are required to pass a health and safety inspection by the Office of Early Childhood Licensing Program.
- Background checks are required of all licensed exempt programs. Please click here to access the CT Office of Early Childhood Background Check Information System (BCIS).
- Sample Exempt Health & Safety Inspection Form
- Exempt Corrective Action Form
- Incident Report-Licensed Exempt Programs
- License-Exempt Health and Safety Requirements
Provider Training Requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions FAQs (English) Spanish Preguntas Frecuentes
- License Exempt Providers – Federal Health and Safety Orientation & Annual Training Requirements