License-Exempt Programs Administered by Public/Private Schools or Municipalities
One-Time Orientation Requirements:
On-Line Health and Safety Orientation
- Individuals who hold valid First Aid, CPR, and Medication Administration Certificates approved by OEC Division of Licensing – 5-hour training.
- Individuals who do not hold valid First Aid, CPR, and Medication Administration Certificates – 18-hour training.
- Holding a medical license as specified in OEC licensing regulations exempts a provider from having to take First Aid and Medication Administration
To enroll for the Online Training, click on Register below, then click on Care 4 Kids Health and Safety Training.Register
To enroll for In-Person Training for First Aid, CPR or Medication Administration Certification, click on Register below.Register
Annual Requirements: 1% of annual hours worked of professional development/training.
Annual Health and Safety Inspections:
- All license-exempt Board of Education and Municipality administered programs (school-year and summer) are required to pass a health and safety inspection by the Office of Early Childhood Licensing Program.
- Sample Exempt Health & Safety Inspection Form
- Exempt Corrective Action Form
- Religious Exemption Form for Child Care
- Incident Report-Licensed Exempt Programs
Provider Training Requirements