Retroactive Payment FAQs

Q.1 What are Retroactive Payments?
A. Care 4 Kids reimbursement rates were increased effective January 1, 2014 for home based child care providers and July 1, 2014 for center based and recreation providers. Until new computer system changes are put in place, C4K will be issuing the amount due to providers for each month with a retroactive payment.

Q.2 How much money will I receive?
A. You will receive the difference between what was already paid and the new higher rate. Click here?to view the new 2016 rate table. Click here to view the 2002 rate table. If you are a member of CSEA-SEIU Local 2001 labor union, your union dues will be deducted from these payments. Dues deducted from the retroactive payments will include dues for the original payment amount and the retroactive payment.

Q.3 How will I receive my retroactive payment?
A. Payments will be made using your current payment method on file. Retroactive payments issued in 2014 will also be included on the 1099 for 2014. Please Note: These payments will not be included in our automated payment line. You must monitor your bank, or debit card accounts

Q.4 Do I need to submit an invoice for retroactive payments?
A. No, all payments will be made automatically by Care 4 Kids beginning with a lump sum retroactive payment for invoices already paid for service months January 2014 through July 2014. The initial payments will be generated after September 29, 2014.

Click here for a sample of the Remittance Notice with union dues

Click here for a sample of the Remittance Notice without union dues

Q.5 When will I receive my retroactive payments for August and ongoing service months?
A. After the initial lump sum payment, payments will be made once a month starting at the end of October. We will update the Processing Status Page on our website each month with the retroactive payment dates.

Q.6 Do I still need to be an active provider to receive these retroactive rate increases?
A. No, any service provided during the increased rate period will be eligible for the payments