Retroactive Payment Calculation FAQ’s
How to Calculate Your Retroactive Payment per Child
Q1: What do I need to calculate my retroactive payment per child?
A1: You will need the following:
- The child care certificate covering the retroactive payment period:
- 2002 Payment Rate Table (Click here to see the 2002 rates )
- New 2016 Payment Rate Table (2016 Weekly Reimbursement Rates)
- Monthly Invoice covering the retroactive payment period
- Remittance Advice for retroactive payments
Q2: How do I breakdown my retroactive payment per child?
A2: Step 1: Obtain the original invoice number, payment month and corresponding total retroactive payment from the retroactive payment Remittance Advice you received in the mail.
Step 2: Refer to your original paper invoice or electronic invoice for a breakdown of the individual children that were paid.
Step 3: Compare your 2002 C4K basic rate per week as indicated on the Child Care Certificate to the new 2016 Payment Rate Table.
Step 4: Take the difference of the rates and multiply it by 4.3 weeks to obtain the retroactive monthly payment amount.
NEW 2016 Basic Rate per week for a Licensed Center in the South Central region at the Full-Time Care level for an Infant Child …..…$297.00 per week
2002 C4K Basic Rate per week for a Licensed Center in the South Central region at the Full-Time Care level for an Infant Child………$209.00 per week
$297.00 minus $209.00 = a difference of $88.00 per week between the old and new rate.
$88.00 multiplied by 4.3 weeks = $378.00
$378.00 is the retroactive payment for that child*
*If you are a member of CSEA-SEIU Local 2001 labor union, your union dues will be deducted from the retroactive payment and the original payment amount.
* If your program is accredited, the accreditation incentive will be included in your retroactive payment.