Electronic Funds Information Sheet
Care 4 Kids issues electronic payments either by Direct Deposit or a Care 4 Kids Prepaid Debit Card. Licensed child care centers and group homes, summer camps and school based programs will receive payment by Direct Deposit. Licensed family homes and unlicensed individuals can choose to receive payment either by Direct Deposit into their bank account or by a Care 4 Kids Prepaid Debit Card.
Care 4 Kids payments are deposited directly into your checking or savings account. Direct Deposit is offered free of charge. You will not incur any costs or fees.
Prepaid Debit Card
Care 4 Kids payments are deposited into a prepaid debit card account issued by Chase Bank. You can use the debit card just as you would use an ATM card to withdraw funds and make purchases. Debit cards are issued and sent viaU.S.mail by Chase Bank.
Choosing the Care 4 Kids Prepaid Debit Card will subject you to certain ATM and bank service fees. You can avoid fees by asking for cash back when purchasing items with your Care 4 Kids Prepaid Debit Card at participating stores. You can also avoid fees by withdrawing your money in person at the teller counter of any Chase or People’s United Bank. Fees associated with the prepaid debit card are listed in the “Frequently Asked Questions” section on the next page.
Debit cards must be kept in a safe place. Providers will use the same debit card each month to access their Care 4 Kids payments. Chase Bank may charge a fee to replace lost cards.
- Go to the Care 4 Kids website, www.ctcare4kids.com and select the “Register” option.
- Complete the “Provider Information” and “Create Profile” sections in our secure provider web portal using the PIN number included with this letter.
- Select the appropriate payment method:
- Centers, group homes, summer camps and school based programs must select Direct Deposit.
- Family homes and unlicensed individuals can choose Direct Deposit or a Care 4 Kids Prepaid Debit Card. Prepaid debit cards are issued by Chase Bank. There may be fees associated with prepaid debit cards, depending on how they are used. Note: If you do not select a payment option within 7 days from the date of this letter, you will be automatically issued the Care 4 Kids Prepaid Debit Card.
Important Things to Remember
- After you enroll online, your next payment will be sent directly to your bank account or your debit card account.
- Your money should be available two days after your payment is processed.